How to apply
Do you fulfill the requirements?
- you are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate course
- you have a good command of the English language and have standardized test results to prove it (if it’s not your mother tongue)
- If you hold an EU or Swiss passport, or you are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in the EU or Switzerland, you can apply for the EU Program. Click here to learn more.
Apply as early as possible
Our programs are competitive, so it’s a good idea to apply early to make sure you have the best chance to securing a great intership and your preferred housing option.
Make sure your home university approves
Contact your Academic Advisor and your school’s Study Abroad office to make sure they approve of your plan to study abroad. Then liaise with the office once you have selected the courses to make sure your course selection is approved.
Passport and visa
When you plan to study abroad, you need to have a passport valid for at least six months after the end of the program (unless you are an EU national, in which case a national ID is sufficient to spend time in Brussels). If you don’t have a passport yet, start the procedure to apply for one immediately. For summer programs lasting less than 90 days, US, Canada and other nationals do not require a visa. For semester programs, all nationalities except EU passport holders require a Belgian student visa, which must be requested 2-3 months in advance of the program start.
- Fill in the Application form with some general information and your resume. You will then receive an email with some timeslot proposals to book an interview with our admissions advisor.
- In a 30- 40 minute Skype/phone interview, we will ask you about your background experience, goals, and motivations. We will also discuss the opportunities available for you in consideration of your skills, experience and career goals. This is your chance to shine and show us why you would be a good candidate for our program. If it turns out the program is a good fit for you, we’ll encourage you to reserve your spot.
- Confirm your spot in the program by paying a deposit. This deposit is 100% refundable (only) in case we are not able to secure an internship for you by your agreed start date. Once we have received your deposit, your place in our program is confirmed. Typically, the balance of the program fee will be due 4-6 weeks before the program starts. This is to ensure your choice of internship and housing can be secured for you.
- Start the visa application process. We will request some documents and information, among which your school transcripts to sign you up for the internship seminar at our partner, Vesalius College.
- We will get to work securing an internship in a well-suited role in your preferred career fields. If the host office requires a Skype/phone interview we will coach you and help you prepare. Your internship role will typically be confirmed 3-4 weeks prior to your arrival (this is a guideline and may differ during peak seasons). We recommend that you book your flights once your visa is confirmed.
Internship Placement Process
Whether you know exactly what you would like to do or not, never fear! Over the years we have developed a ‘special sauce’ to match you with the perfect opportunity. Here’s how it works:
- You apply and share your resume and your ideas about what you’d like to do.
- We get to know each other in an online interview. At the end of this conversation, you will have an idea of the options you have for an internship in Brussels. We’ll get started right away talking about how to find direction and showcase your experiences and skills. Even before paying any money, you are already getting valuable advice and direction: THAT is how committed we are to helping you succeed.
- You commit to the program and pay the fees. Once we have agreed on a couple of directions for your internship, it’s time to get to work on your profile.
- We will apply for you in the offices that fit your criteria and get you an offer. If the host office requires an interview, we will coach you through it so you maximise your chances.
- We guarantee 100% that we will provide you an internship by your starting date, or we will pay your money back. See Dates and Fees page for full explanation of the conditions.