You're young, internet - savvy and ambitious. You want to do work that matters and make a difference, but you also want to have fun and chill and just - like - act your age. Whether you know exactly where you want to go, or you are still trying to figure it all out, and maybe if you're a bit nervous about 'finding your passion', you have come to the right place.
Sign up for our 8 week internship program
Look, you're free from the daily routine of going to class and writing papers. You want some rest, some adventure, something that will feel like a meaningful use of your time. Why not a great internship in Brussels? It's the perfect way to use your summer or hit the ground running when you have some free time. You'll plump up your resume, gain practical experience in the de-facto capital of the EU, a true cosmopolitan melting pot (read more about why we love Brussels here). At the same time, your weekends will be free to go travel all over Europe. Thank you cheap trains, buses and flights in the EU! The world is your oyster.
Real World Experience
An immersive, 35-40 hour per week internship in your chosen career field is just what that little anxious voice in your head needs right now. Instead of wondering about your passion (or lack thereof) you'll be hobnobbing with international professionals and doing real work every day. No coffee-bringing for you! We wok our buns off to get to know host offices, what they want and what they need. Then, we tell you - in detail. And bingo, you show up prepared and kill it: win-win.
Academic Credit you can transfer
Our academic partner Vesalius College awards academic credit (3 US credits) which you can transfer back to your home school.
If you are already pursuing a University degree in the EU, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, click here to discover your options.
Internships in Brussels are available in the fields of policy making, government relations and lobbying, sustainability, health studies, business, marketing, communication and economics, finance and liberal arts. Get in touch early on to give yourself plenty of time to prepare. Just found us last minute? don't worry, we have been known to perform miracles!
Social Activities and follow up
We'll hold a welcome dinner to get to know everybody and introduce you to Belgian cuisine (spoiler alert: it's not all waffles). We'll meet up regularly after work and follow up with you on your internship, to strategise and advise on ways to make your unpaid internship pay in opportunities and networking.
Fees and Deadlines
8 week program: start anytime except July 20-Aug 20
Apply 6-8 weeks before your intended start date, especially if you need a visa to come to Belgium for less than 90 days
Internship Full Service 8 Week Program: € 4800 - or about 5300 USD
What you get:
- guaranteed internship placement in an area of your interest
- housing in sigle room with shared bathroom and kitchen in a safe area connected with public transport: homestay is available on request
- unlimited public transport pass for the whole period
- airport pickup and transfer to housing
- 24/7 emergency support
- Vesalius College tuition for the internship seminar (3 US credits transferrable) with academic support (two-tree meetings with Faculty member and one paper)
- Visa invitation letter if needed and visa support
- Superhero Training career coaching program: more than a single experience, you will learn a method to show off your skills to their best advantage and confidently define YOUR added value.
- Predeparture information and local orientation on arrival
Prolong your stay
- want to stay longer? Short term visas are valid for up to 90 days, let us know if you want to extend your stay beyond 8 weeks - there will be a small extra fee to cover the longer housing
We helped Ling find the direction and intercultural communication help she needed in order to truly shine.